Friday, November 28, 2014

We Have the Winner of this Week's BSOW Award





The winner of this week's BSOW Award is this video.  It wouldn’t have gotten my attention when it was posted Google+ except for the way it was captioned.  As soon as I read it my BS indicator went off.  It’s not that Trackman is not a neat tool, but the audacity of saying that all I've learned about the golf swing is antiquated and obsolete was just too much for me.

I read a lot of stuff in social media that reeks of BS, but I don't say anything because arguing with idiots is pointless.  After watching this video I want you to think about how information like this is really going to help you break 100 or fix your slice.



Here’s the caption: “Today's technology dismisses the old antiquated ways of diagnosing and fixing your golf swing! All golfers who inspire to improve must know what they're trying to achieve. Here is a great example:”.





I will grant that the person that posted it doesn’t mention golf in his bio anywhere and it’s obvious from his caption that he has limited knowledge of it.


One of the biggest problems in the game today is the over use of Trackman, video, etc.  It causes instructors and golfers in general to think that the golf swing is actually a series of positions instead of a fluid motion or swing.

When working with very low handicap and professional golfers technology can provide very useful information, but with high handicappers and beginners it is of very limited use.


That’s my rant for the week and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: