Saturday, September 5, 2015

Jason Day Credits Tiger Woods!

Jason Day credits Tiger Woods for success

Jason Day during the final round of the PGA on August 16, 2015
© Getty Images
Jason Day has credited his recent success to a growing friendship with golf great Tiger Woods.

Day claimed his first major championship title last month and, after winning three of his last four starts, he has a chance to become number one in the world for the first time at this weekend's Deutsche Bank Championship.

"It's just random things," Day told reporters. "We'll be talking about finishing on Sundays and the process of stuff. His text messages, I have to digest them a little bit more, because he is very smart. And he has to kind of dumb it down to my level.

"We talk about family every now and then, but it's mainly just golf, just trying to shoot to get better. If I think of a question, I'll just shoot it to him. I may hear it that day or I may hear in a day or two.

"He's been arguably one of the best players of all time. Who wouldn't want that mentorship from a player like that, especially on the golf course? To be able to receive text messages and ask him questions and him being so open toward me has been fantastic."

Zimbabwe's Brendon de Jonge is currently holding a first round lead in the Deutsche Bank Championship, with Day three shots off the lead.

No comments: