Thursday, August 6, 2015

Practice Drill to Improve Quickly!


Slow Down to Improve Quickly!


I was taught at a very early age to take a full swing, as far as length of swing is concerned, and only hit the ball 150 yards.  Once I could do this and hit the ball solidly I was allowed to increase the swing speed until I started to lose control of solid contact and direction.

This drill will teach you how to swing within yourself and gain control of your golf shots.  Dead solid contact at a slower swing speed will produce more distance and accuracy than a miss hit at a higher swing speed.

You may hit the ball longer, but you will certainly hit the ball closer to your target.

It will be a little awkward at first, but I promise it is worth the effort to stick with it and anyone can master it.

Taking time to learn this drill will improve your ball striking dramatically and enhance your ability to score better. 

Everyone has the ability to do it.  It’s like taking a full swing at the speed you would hit a pitch shot.

I have used for years with my students and have seen the results it can produce.  If you are serious about golf you owe it to yourself to give it a try.  It could be game changing.

I did have a student ask why once, and I simply replied, “If you can’t hit it solid at a slow speed, how are you going to hit it solid at a fast speed”.

I attached a video that does a great job of showing you what I’m talking about.

I had a student come to me once and his first statement was “I have a short, quick back swing and there’s nothing I can do about I”.  I asked him if he gave himself a black eye every time he scratched his nose.  He said no so I told him there was hope.







No comments: