Friday, February 6, 2015

The Golf Channel and Michael Breed Win The BSOW Award This Week!



My BSOW Award goes to Michael Breed and The Golf Fix on The Golf Channel for this video on how to shape your golf shots.





I don’t pretend to know more about the golf swing than anybody in the world, but after 35+ years of studying it, teaching it, and applying logic to it I have learned a few things.  I also played well enough to play in a couple of PGA Tour events and several PGA Club Professional Championships so I had to know something about shaping a shot and I can tell you right now that to fade or draw the ball there is no reason to change your entire swing path.  Slicing and hooking are something different.


To fade the ball you simply grip the club with the club face slightly open and to draw the ball you grip it slightly closed and take your normal swing.  The last thing you want to do in the heat of competition is to be reshaping your path.


Has anyone ever talked about Ben Hogan swinging from outside to in?  No!  He was very particular about how he gripped the club to achieve his fade.


Michael Breed is excellent at putting on an entertaining show, but his knowledge and teaching ability are a little suspect.


Now that I’ve blown off steam for the week, I hope everyone has a great weekend and between the PGA Tour, The European Tour, and the LPGA Tour there is a lot of great golf even without Tiger.

No comments: